The International Conference Market is above all the global movement of human, intellectual and economic capital that shapes developments in our time and across the world.
The International Conference Market (ICM) is a huge market in terms of financial facts & figures. Over 60,000 international organisations and associations fuel the development of the ICM. The total estimated number of participants in all 2009 meetings is over 5.2 million compared to 4.9 million attending meetings in 2008. There are approximately 18,000 different association meetings organised on a regular basis. All surveys (INCON, ICCA,IPACO) project that conference attendance, sponsorships and employment levels in the industry are going to rise in 2011 and 2012.
“Access to International Conferences” (A2IC) is the specialized task force of eic2 offering targeted services to national agencies and organisations that seek to attract international conferences and establish their countries as major international conference destinations.
We offer a flexible, cost-effective modular package of knowledge and lobbying services that can make the difference. We offer access to a crucial international market that can create significant added value for your country. We can work closely with your governmental organisations, authorities and responsible departments to design, create and develop new international conference institutions based on your strategic targets and priorities.
Why invest in the International Conference Market:
- Participants in International Conferences spend more
- Participants become ambassadors for national tourist industries
- The majority of conferences take place in non-high season tourist periods
- International conferences contribute to the advancement of national image and reputation
- International Conferences can lead to the development of new business opportunities and projects
How to access the international conference market:
- Have good knowledge of the priorities and the decision making mechanisms of international associations.
- Careful strategic planning for the conferences that you are targeting.
- Efficient lobbying and a competitive bidding campaign.
Why work with the experts of A2IC and eic2
A2IC offers its partners targeted knowledge, providing all critical information that you need to know in order to penetrate the international conference market.
- Who are the owners of international conferences?
- Where are they established?
- What is the size, shape and the segmentation of the market?
- Who is influencing the market and in which way?
- Which are the efficient communication channels?
- What are the future trends?
- What is the decision making process?
- What are the criteria for choosing a country?
Targeted Strategic Planning:
Before investing in a bidding process, you need to fix your strategy and establish clear targets. Efficient strategic planning necessitates knowing:
- The strategic priorities of the conference owners vis-a-vis the geographic, political and economic characteristics of the host country
- The infrastructure, capacity and the transportation access of the country i.e. the size of the conference
- The nature / theme of the conference and therefore the importance and the size of the local theme-related community
Based on critical knowledge, A2IC offers its partners the targets and the action plan required in order to win major international conferences
Lobbying and Bidding:
When you set the targets, then you need deeper inside information and lobbying in order to succeed in the bidding process:
- Who are the decision makers in each organisation?
- What are their priorities, concerns and history?
- What are the financial facts and figures of the targeted conference?
- When are they going to decide?
- Which are the more important criteria?
- Who votes for awarding the conference?
- How can they be influenced and by whom?
- Which are the most effective communication and lobbying channels for this specific organisation?
A2IC undertakes planning and management of the bidding process based on network building and targeted lobbying initiatives.
eic2 have a deep knowledge and experience in the international conference market. Well known for the quality of our services, we cover all areas and the most challenging demands of the conference market.